Demand planners at Danone Japan are logical, cool under pressure and data driven. Using data as their weapon, they work together with the Sales and Marketing teams to derive valuable insights that would drive our products towards new horizons.
As a senior demand planner for Danone Japan, you will be responsible entirely for one of our very own brands. Your primary task will be to forecast the baseline and provide a solid and consolidated business growth outlook for 18 months throughout the demand planning process cycle for the brand that you will oversee.
At Danone Japan, you will also be working closely with the Sales and Marketing team to plan and understand the sales activities and promotion campaigns of the brand you will oversee, and create a forecast for the short, mid and long-term.
Furthermore, you will also oversee developing and enhancing Danone Japan’s current forecasting methodologies and tools and ensure consistency and reliability across such tools.
Lastly, you will also lead the monthly consensus meeting with the Sales and Marketing teams to create an aligned forecast
Check out the URL below to find out more about our brands,
■Determine the baseline and forecast demand for one of our brands through the following,
• Clean up the baseline and historical data and run analyses of such data to estimate impact with input from the sales and marketing team.
• Align your analyses with ROI calculations, and help to identify possible risks and opportunities.
• Ensure the consistency of forecasts from period to period, while tracking and explaining the changes.
•Collect and run forecasting models, and determine with the demand planning team the would-be baseline assumptions.
■Enrich statistical forecasts on planned special events based on inputs from the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service teams, as well as our customers through the following,
• Collect Danone Japan’s market and commercial plans and assumptions
• Collect lifecycle information on the brand you will oversee (product introduction, product cannibalization, end of life etc.)
• Conduct research and analysis on the lifecycle information on the brands of competitors.
• Use data and experience from previous organized events to analyze the volume of impact from the planned events, using that data to drive demand forecasting of future events.
• Use customer data (POS data) to enhance demand visibility.